I’m a mezzo-soprano currently studying under Marcus van den Akker as a scholar on the Guildhall Artist Masters programme. If you’re looking for an opera or jazz (shh, don’t tell Guildhall) performer for your event, you can get in touch here.
Coming up in 2019:
- Heading to Dutch National Opera & Ballet with Porgy and Bess in January.
- Singing in Odaline de la Martinez’s Imoinda at the London Festival of American Music in February/March.
- Premiering the role of Jo in Palmer & Hall’s Dead Equal at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe (Summerhall/Army @ The Fringe) in August.
- Plenty of Guildhall shenanigans including the Brahms Liebeslieder Wälzer coached by Stacey Barstch and Julius Drake; and performing Sesto (La Clemenza di Tito), Mrs Ford (The Merry Wives of Windsor) and Ludmilla (The Bartered Bride) in opera scenes directed by Simon Cole and musically directed by Liz Marcus.
- And, of course, lots of exciting intersectional feminist music theatre – yes, all of those things – projects with VOX and H E R A.
Some highlights from 2017 and 2018 include:
- Backing vocals on Mercury Award-winner Benjamin Clementine‘s European festival tour, The Wandering Tour.
- Launching a commission in response to the under-representation of women and BAME composers with vocal ensemble VOX.
- Joining the epic choruses at The Grange Festival and English National Opera for four shows, and bagging an Olivier Award for our work on Porgy and Bess.
- Performing opera scenes on tour in Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand with Cambridge International Opera.
- Recitals and opera scenes with the wonderful lot at the Guildhall School of Music & Drama.
- Workshops galore on operas old and new by women with H E R A.
- And a performance with inspirational poet David Neita and VOX as part of Sands Films’ armistice centenary events series They Said It Was Going To Be The Last One.